Built as a residence in 1887, historic Central House opened its doors to the public in 1925, making it the longest operating inn in Bar Harbor. Originally named Briarfield (for the blackberries, so emblematic of Maine summers, that still grow in our border) Central House has a history of hospitality that extends to its earliest years. Please visit our website for a brief history! Located at the center of downtown Bar Harbor, Central House enjoys easy access to restaurants, shops, waterfront, Bar Island, the Bar Harbor Shore Path, the Village Green and Island Explorer buses. Walk or bike to Acadia. Please come and enjoy our welcoming front porch, where visitors to Bar Harbor have come to relax during one hundred and thirty Maine summers.
Partial Data by Infogroup (c) 2025. All rights reserved.
Partial Data by Foursquare.